Saturday, January 30, 2010

Falling Upward

When I started this blog in March of last year, I expected to be able to vent about parenting, reflect about the lessons my children taught me, and remember the silliness that they created in my daily life. I expected to offer insight and seek the same from others. What I didn't expect, was to meet other women and grow to cherish our blogging relationship just like a friend who is physically near. I didn't expect to find God so evident in this little cyber community.

Holly at FALLING UPWARD is one of those dear Blog Friends who reminds me each time she posts how incredible life is when it is given to God. She is one who I find myself thinking about and praying for while I'm driving, cooking, or taking a walk... not just while I'm reading her blog. I can count on her for prayers and such genuine encouragement even from so far away.

I honestly couldn't remember how I was first introduced to Holly. I had to dive through both our archives to find out who said hello first and why. The first post I read at Falling Upward was a Daybook entry I discovered randomly through the widget for this meme. Since then, she's lived through more than her share of worry and heartache. Through everything, her beautiful way with words and thoughtful reflections about her life's joys and trials have been so very inspiring to me.

I'm learning that blogging isn't all about gaining readership for advertising, and it isn't even just about documenting my life. It's not solely about finding new ideas, giveaways, or great coupons. It's a chance to find other moms who share my faith and are in the same place in life. It's about getting to know more seasoned mommies who can pass down their wisdom and offer encouragement and prayers. It's a way to connect with women who can remind me to keep hold of myself while I'm being a wife and mother. For me, the blog world is an opportunity for God to work in my life and through my life. And Miss Holly was the start of that epiphany!

If you haven't stumbled upon FALLING UPWARD, it will do your heart good to visit and see why Holly, from Her Very First Post, Inspires me.





10 comments:

Becca said...

I also never expected to make so many new friends from blogging...it's so great!

I am now following from Friday Follow :)

Just Me said...

What a beautiful post! I completely agree with what you said about blogging. Found you and am following through Friday Follow!

Crystal said...

Can't wait to check it out. :)

Visiting from SITS.

Juliana said...

I REALLY loved this post. People joke with me about how many followers I have, but I really try 1OO% to keep up with the blogs that I personally follow. I love the giveaways, the reviews, the sponsors, the fun laughs--but I love conncecting with real moms and making amazing friends from all over the world!!!!

Juliana said...

I found you through FF and am your newest follower. Please come by and follow me back. I look forward to getting to know you better. Hope you had a nice weekend. Juliana from A Blonde Walks Into A Blog!

Holly Rutchik said...

This was so beautiful and brought tears to my eyes. I can't tell you how much I truly beleive God used you in my life this weekend, as I so needed this.
I praise Him for your support, your friendship and your words. I have learned so much about His will from you and the cross He has given you. From the first day i read about how you take on your daughter's education with such intent for her well being, I knew you were a beautiful example of a faithful mama. I've learned so much from you and am blessed by our developing friendship! I so hope we can meet "for real" someday!

Dimes2Vines said...

Stopping by from Fri Follows - I'm a new follower. Love to have you stop by and appreciate your follow via twitter, facebook or rss/email:
http://dimes2vines.com

Julie said...

I love it when I can find new friends via SITS or just "bloghopping". Going to visit Falling Upward here shortly -- thanks for the tip on her blog!

Blessings!
Stopping by from SITS.

I'm Just Sayin' - Kerri said...

stopping by from sits. thanks for sharing holly with us all!

cookinglady said...

Following you from Friday Follow

Have a good evening