Sunday, January 17, 2010

The Simple Woman's Daybook: January 18th




For Today... January 18, 2010

Outside my window... grey. A thick veil of fog set into our valley overnight. At first I'm tempted to be mopey- after all, the sight outside is dreary enough to warrant a lazy day in pajamas. But the fog reminds me of hiking with my husband along the Oregon capes. And trekking with my little sister to see General Grant in The Redwood Forest. No, fog is not permission to stay in; it is an invitation to explore the world when it seems almost magical!

From the kitchen... It's sad, really. I'm very happy to have finished our week of using ingredients on hand. My freezer contains a few packages of venison, a couple bags of frozen vegetables, and ice. My cabinets are slightly better but still contain only staples.

I am wearing... Jeans and a brown camisole. For once, I'm up and showered before I reflect on the week gone by and the week to come.

From the Learning Rooms... Little Mister is becoming quite the reader. He can read so many stories from the Dick and Jane series. He's still not sure that the words exist in the books that he loves. Once in a while we'll pick up a storybook and he'll find that he can read most of it all by himself!

I am creating... Valentine card templates! They're here for viewing and sharing!

I am praying... for Haiti. Hubby is on call with the Air Force. He could leave at any time to offer aid. I'm so thankful that this duty will be one free of war if he leaves. Big Sister is sewing diapers with my mom tomorrow as part of a national effort to help out the little ones there.

Around the house... It's a little crazy in terms of housekeeping! But I painted the outdoor ceilings yesterday, and hubby installed our porch lights. We'll finally be able to send guests to their cars at night without fear of them getting lost in the woods!

One of my favorite things... Making a small change in my life and having it make me feel ten times better!

I am pondering these words... "Pretend you're 15 and he's 16. Flirt with him all the time." ~ Dr. Laura

A few plans for the rest of the week... Grocery shopping with my mom and grandma, a play date, and hopefully some time to catch up with friends! It seems like it takes a couple months to regroup after the holidays!

Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you...

Hubby with Little Miss (see her arms?) on our Oregon hike in 2008!


1 comment:

Nel said...

I love your pondering words!