Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Needing Some Suggestions

It's been a month since my uncle passed away. Last week was his birthday. I think everyone who knew him probably knew about his love of pie. Raisin pie is what I remember him raving about all my life. Maybe that's because he had a wife who could make it just the way he liked it. Last week, an email from my aunt (Uncle Chuck's little sister) was forwarded around the family and beyond...

Today is Chuck's birthday so lets celebrate a life well lived. I have
an idea for commemorating this amazing guy. Most people know that
chuck's favorite food was PIE. On his travels he searched out
PIES--from Alaska to Florida; from Pennsylvania to California and all
points in between. So....... since Sat. January 23 has been designated
as National Pie Day, I am asking everybody to honor Chuck's memory by
having or baking PIE that day. Then email me to say what kind of pie
you had. I will forward the comments to N.

I just know that an email full of our pie stories and pictures will be a welcomed surprise for my Aunt N, and I'm so excited that this idea popped into Aunt S' head!

I've been mulling my own pie plans in my head, but I haven't been able to come up with a great pie recipe yet. I'd like to make something new, something silly perhaps... just something different.

That's where you, my sweet friends and readers, come into play! I need SUGGESTIONS! If you have a type of pie that you love, one that you've wanted to try, or one that might just be an adventure to create, please let me know! Of course, I'll be photographing and blogging the experience over the weekend!



Thanks in advance,

6 comments:

Chrissy said...

I am not really a fan of pie, but one time I had a "Toll House Pie" from A Slice of Pie in Rolla...and WOW was that yummy! :o) So maybe you could find a recipe for that??

Mrs. Haid said...

I love Strawberry Rhubarb Pie! And its almost time for strawberries to be in stores for FRESH Strawberry Pie! Yummm...

I really miss pies at Douglas Company!

Tiffany said...

Oh, pie is my weakness - fruit pie that is. My favorite??? Hmmm Mile high apple pie - a HUGE deep dish apple pie. Heaven in a pie plate. {grin}

Mass Hole Mommy said...

Hi there! Over from the Friday follow :)

Felissa Hadas said...

Just stopping by to say hello and to follow you. Hope you have an amazing weekend.

Felissa
www.felissahadas.blogspot.com

Kimberly said...

I'm a new follower from Friday Follow! Cute blog!