Monday, January 4, 2010

The Simple Woman's Daybook: January 4th






For Today... January 4, 2010

Outside my window... Bright sun, blue sky, bare branches. It's zero outside. That's negative 12 Celsius! Better start saving to pay our next heating bill; it's sure to be a doosey!

From the kitchen... With no husband around to impress this week, it'll be low maintenance meals for sure. Nacho chicken and rice wraps from the crock pot and BLT's with canned fruit are on this week's menu.

I am wearing... lots of layers. We all are around here in an effort to keep the head set a little lower.

From the Learning Rooms... It is my goal to have the semester sketched out today. Between Little Mister's preschool and my 5th and 6th grade class at church, I've been musing over more lesson plans than I'd like to see in a month! I'm trying to remind myself how catered my son's education is to his abilities and needs (and how much money I'm saving by not sending him to Catholic school yet).

I am creating... an organized filing system. I've filled one drawer of our filing cabinet and sorted through two old drawers. We have lots of paper to start fires with this week!

I am praying... for a great first week back to school. Today is the last day of Christmas break, but Big Sister is really excited to get back tomorrow.

Around the house... I'm trying a house cleaning calendar at the recommendation of this blog. It's only day 4, but so far I'm finding it very easy to keep up with the short list of chores each day.

One of my favorite things... the smell of a home with a fire burning

I am pondering these words... "Who begins too much accomplishes little." ~German Proverb

A few plans for the rest of the week... Back to school, back to the routine!

Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you...


New Year's Eve, 11:58 PM. Big Sister (and Little Mister) hosting her very first sleepover.

4 comments:

Wendy said...

I like what you are pondering...it should be every mother's New Years resolution :-) God Bless your day.

Mrs. Haid said...

Hello! I have to comment... I am doing the same sort of chore chart! My friend Hilary made one for me two years ago, since she is as Tidy as Monica on Friends. I must admit, I really like the one you have ordered/downloaded.

J told me all about school and I think you made the correct choice for her education! She NEVER EVER talked about school before, despite prodding and cajoling. I had a hard time changing topics!

♥ Tamara ♥ said...

Enjoy the day with your children before school starts tomorrow. Have a great week :)

~Tamara

Mrs. C said...

Hi, Kelley! I was just wondering how the Motivated Moms Planner was working for you. It's been a big help to me!

Have a blessed weekend! :)