Sunday, January 10, 2010

The Simple Woman's Daybook: January 11th



For Today... January 11, 2010

Outside my window... a pale blue sky and the promise of a warmer week. I sure hope the weather forecast is on target. The snow around here has been beautiful, but it was too bitter cold to send the kids out to play in it for more than a few minutes.

From the kitchen... Using up what I have on hand this week. The complete menu is on yesterday's post.

I am wearing... black pants, black and pink tennis shoes, green and blue striped shirt and a black cardigan. No, it doesn't match any better than it sounds like it does!

From the Learning Rooms... The first week back was pretty smooth. Little Mister was cooperative and actually seemed to be happy to have his preschool mornings back!

I am creating... Too many lists! Calorie counting, budgeting, tracking spending, chores... it's a little nuts!

I am praying... for Little Mister as I take him to the doctor today. Twice this weekend he became almost hysterical because he said the house was moving back and forth around him. A quick google search made me a nervous wreck. And a call to the nurse hotline confirmed the need to see the doctor today. On the plus side, we LOVE our pediatrician, and I'm sure that by the end of the day, we'll be feeling much calmer!

Around the house... everything is tidy in the main rooms and only a half load of laundry left to do. Not bad for a Monday!

One of my favorite things... A kid snuggled on my lap!

I am pondering these words... "Who begins too much accomplishes little." ~German Proverb

A few plans for the rest of the week... Doctor visit, installing shelves in Little Mister's closet, and staying close to home.

Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you...

Where I'd love to be this time of year!


7 comments:

UKZoe said...

LISTS, yes lists, I never thought of that when it came to "I am creating..." I have made LOTS OF LISTS this week!

Tina said...

I am praying for little mister too!
WOW - if you need anything let me know!

Ann @ HouseOfEstrogen said...

Hope everything goes OK with your little guy's doctor appointment!

Happy Cottage Quilter said...

Thanks for sharing from your daybook. I hope your little guy is okay.

Jocelyn
http://justalittlesouthernhospitality.blogspot.com/

Monkey's Momma said...

Hi to Kelly from another Missouri blogger! Love your blog! Stop by mine sometime if you get a chance!

Marie said...

Great day book as always Kelley. I love your picture. I'd like to be there too!!! I hope your little boy does well with the Doctor's appointment. Sending hugs and prayers. xxoo

It'sSteph said...

Love your quote about starting too much and accomplishing little! And a wonderful picture to remind me that summer will come around again! Enjoyed your daybook!