Monday, January 25, 2010

The Simple Woman's Daybook: January 25th





For Today... January 25, 2010

Outside my window... I couldn't be more antsy for spring. I can't wait for the week when I talk about the leaves starting to bud on the trees. For now, the only signs of green are the cedars. At least it's not raining today, and there's a blue sky!

From the kitchen... A newly stocked fridge, freezer and cabinets from last night's grocery shopping. The kids will enjoy their macaroni and cheese with tuna for lunch, and I'll enjoy a fresh selection of produce for salad. It'll be pot roast for dinner tonight, chili later this week, and maybe some enchiladas one night. I left my e-mealz list behind, so dinners aren't quite as organized as they could be this week!

I am wearing... Grey, flare leg sweats, white T, white sweater.

From the Learning Rooms... I can't believe the difference between last semester and this one. Where I had to almost trick Little Mister into any semblance of a formal lesson, now he's begging for preschool time! We're working on writing our numbers, creating patterns, word families, reading skills, and letter writing this week.

I am creating... Baby hats, booties and afghans! With one cousin due in a few weeks and another newly pregnant, I have great excuses to get my yarn and crochet hooks out!

I am praying... for guidance as we decide what our next step in our family planning will be. I've said it before, and I'll say it again. I have no idea how people actually decide to have babies- or to be finished having them for that matter! My children have been a series of happy accidents, and even with my crew, I'm slightly terrified of purposely having another. But, I love the idea of having a big family when they're grown up. I've known huge family gatherings all my life, so it's hard to think that my later years wouldn't be surrounded by the same blissful chaos!

Around the house... Laundry day today! Hubby took off with my keys this morning, so we have no choice but to stay home and be productive!

One of my favorite things... Follow Friday! I discovered this movement here last week, and it was a blast! If you haven't tried it, definitely play along this week. If you're new here because of Friday Follow- it's very nice to have you along!

I am pondering these words... "There are more things that frighten us than injure us, and we suffer more in imagination than in reality." ~Seneca

A few plans for the rest of the week... A play date field trip smashed in the middle of a week of cleaning, taxiing, cooking, and teaching.

Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you...

Little Miss enjoying the aftermath of National Pie Day/Remembering Uncle Chuck Day!


9 comments:

Patty said...

I believe the words you are pondering are so true. Sweet picture. Have a great week.

Felicity said...

I enjoyed your daybook. We have six children, none of them planned! We also found the thought of a planned pregnancy terrifying, and far prefer God's choice of timing... It's always perfect! Have a wonderful week!

Love Bears All Things said...

Love that picture.
Isn't it always God's timing when we have children. We might decide the time is right but it only happens if it is His will.
Mama Bear

Happy Cottage Quilter said...

What a beautiful post you shared today. I agree with the others that it's God's timing for children. And children are a blessing from the Lord. Thanks for sharing your thoughts today.

Jocelyn
http://justalittlesouthernhospitality.blogspot.com

Ms Bibi said...

What a sweet picture of Little Miss. She's adorable.

Sounds like you have a busy day ahead of you.I enjoyed your post very much. Thank you for letting us inside your home this morning.

cindi said...

I so enjoyed reading this post....it brought a sense of peace to me. I really like the quote from Seneca you includd and I believe it to be true. Many of us live our lives in fear of things that never materialize. Sometimes it's ok to try something we fear.

~Kathy~ said...

You have such a lovely blog! I really enjoyed reading your post, and what a sweet picture to end it with! :)

Jami Balmet said...

Aaw I enjoyed stopping by your blog today! That picture of your daughter is too cute!!!

And I agree, I cannot wait for Spring! It's my favorite time of the year!!! :D

Thanks for sharing a little bit of your life! I enjoyed stopping by!

D and A said...

love the photo.

I also wanted to comment that I enjoy the changes the different seasons of schooling bring. It is amazing watching the kids grow.