Thursday, January 28, 2010

Fact Sheet

I've met a ton of new bloggers lately and have genuinely enjoyed soaking in each of your blogs! Sitting on the eve of another edition of Friday Follow, I thought an overview Mammalog was in order!



What you need (ok, maybe not NEED) to know about me:


Mammalog is just that- a log of stuff about me, a wife and mamma of three. I throw my tantrums here, offer my thoughts and reflections, beg for help and advice, give tutorials, share ideas pertaining to my hobbies, and occasionally give away things that I find amazing.

I crave connections and believe that my integrity and character can be stronger when challenged by others. That's why I think the blog community is such a wonderful movement!

I'm a hobbyist- it's unintentional and uncontrollable! I crochet, bake and decorate cakes, take portraits, scrapbook, sew, write, and wouldn't hesitate to try to learn something else to keep from purchasing it!

I feel no need to be equal to my husband in my marriage. We both know that he's great at bringing home the bacon, and I'm great at making it stretch.

I embrace the biological differences between men and women.

I do feel the need to be respected, cherished, and validated by my husband.

I am a stay-at-home mom and homemaker.
Our home does not include satellite or cable. We have a TV and DVD player, but no service provider here! It just seems like a waste of money to us.

We live in the middle of nowhere, Midwest USA, down a mile-long dirt road, in a house that's stalled in mid-renovation. Lucky as I feel to be here, I never dreamed this would be my life.

I feel completely overwhelmed by my kids one day and yearn for three more the next. I am Catholic, and I take the "accept children willingly and lovingly" part of our marriage vows very seriously. I'm not sure my husband loves this about me. HE jokes that we've accepted three of them already!

I met my husband at a fraternity party. That sentence is hilariously opposite of who I am.


Friday Follow

23 comments:

Mrs. Haid said...

Kelley... if you could time travel your 14 year old self into the present to read what you just wrote as an introduction to yourself, would you believe it is you? I am genuinely curious, because I think about 14 year old Bethany reading this about 26 year old Kelley and being totally surprised.

What do you think??? I mean this in a curious, but not mean way!

Kelley said...

14... I have to put myself before everything?!? I can remember a time when I thought I was liberal. I thought I was pro-choice. I think I was in jr. high then. I really don't think I would've recognized some of these statements as my own if I were 14 and reading them. It's amazing how living through trials and growing up makes you realize what's best for yourself!

All of my major life decisions have been based around factors other than myself. Everything from the college I attended to my career choice, where I lived, what I did for fun. I think I'd be in a very different place...

オテモヤン said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Frugal Fabulous Finds said...

Visiting from Friday Follow!

Have a great weekend!

Wendy @ FrugalFabulousFinds.com

Nel said...

I loved the last 2 sentences! I too started dating Corey after a New Years Eve Frat party that a friend and I attended... I was the sober schoffer that night.

Simply Stacie said...

Following you from the Friday Follow.

http://stacievaughansblog.blogspot.com

Melissa: Mother to 3 Little Sprouts said...

I became a follower last week for Friday follows..............Come on over and do the same!

CalgaryDaddy said...

Great Site! Just found you on Follow Friday!

Shane
www.calgarydaddy.com

Luv to Save said...

hello new follower from friday follow
http://luvtosave.blogspot.com/

Kristy said...

Stopping by from Friday Follow! I am a new follower. :) Join me and link up for Furry Friday Follow at My Pet Savings!

Kristy

http://www.mypetsavings.com

Chrissie said...

I'm a new follower from Friday Follow.

Rita A. said...

Nice to meet you Kelley. Love the ballerina cake. Happy Friday Follow - Rita @ http://one2try.blogspot.com/

Midday Escapades said...

Howdy! Thanks for linking up at Friday Follow. I am already following and stopping over to say hello. Happy Friday Follow!

~ Lynn
http://www.middayescapades.com

p.s. I've always wanted to meet someone at a frat party. Lucky you!

MisAdventuresofMomof3 said...

Kelley - I'm so glad I found you through FF.

Looking forward to getting to know you better.

misadventuresofmomof3.me

Sarah Lynne said...

I am a Friday Follower!!!!

sarahsblogoffun.blogspot.com

Sandy said...

Neat blog! Thanks for stopping by on my SITS day.

When you are ready to go on safari in South Africa, let me know. Got lots of info for you!

Annie said...

Following your blog from friday Follow.

Have a nice weekend.

Christian Mommy Writer said...

Thanks for the introduction! I don't know what I'd do without some form of tv, at least the local channels.
:-)

Thanks for visiting my blog on my SITS day!

Creative Mish said...

Stopping in from SITS. Love your all about me post! :)

Petite Little Bee said...

Hi, Love your website. Love all the pictures. Stopping by from SITS have a happy Saturday!! Also saw your Catholic posting and will jpin that too. Thanks so much. Cheers, Lia

Holly Rutchik said...

I LOVE that you guys met at a "Frat" party! Our story is kinda like that too - so different than who we are :)

I would love it if you mentioned me in your blog! I love your blog so much and also enjoy reading through all the comments you get - it would be great to get to know you and your readers more. I am loving the friendships I am making through the blog world. It is by the grace of God we read about each other's lives. I believe it is His call for us to pray for each other and how try to build His kingdom!
Blessings!
Holly

Heather said...

Happy SITS Saturday sharing. Glad to have found your blog and read a little about you.
-Heather @ www.savingmoneylivinglife.com

StumblingServant said...

What is this Friday Follow business? I'm so confused! haha