Outside my window... There is so much green this morning! My laboring over the weekend turned our ankle length weeds into a dark, lush carpet of grass. The grass is met with the leaves from the oaks and dogwoods that block the blue morning sky almost completely. Only bits of the sky beyond peek through the spaces in the leaves.
I am thinking... that life never truly seems to slow down. It's probably my fault, definitely my fault. I see my schedule about to free up and view it as an opportunity to do something else I've been wanting to do. I think this is something I should change about myself.
I am thankful for... my son's good behavior. I've had only 2 near tantrums since Daddy left 10 days ago. Only 7 days until he's home again!
I am wearing... Jeans, pink Old Navy flip flops, a blue tunic length top, and a messy bun.
I am praying... So many of my family and friends are battling truly miserable situations and diseases right now. I'm praying for each of them, that God will renew their spirits and that they will find peace in Him. I'm also praying a prayer of thanksgiving for the lull in chaos that I seem to have at this moment in my life.
A few plans for the rest of the week... Wrap up Home and School Association (PTA) duties, prepare for shower, hit the tanning beds for the first time in 7 years in an attempt to escape a sunburn at the beach.
Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you... Going to the beach that we've gone to since I was born feels like going home in a lot of ways. This is a picture from our last trip there- 4 years and 2 kids ago.

2 comments:
I'm making an apron for my 18 month old as well! Such a GREAT idea to have everyone take a turn at servicing the family while on vacation!
This is such a great daybook! I see the joy through the everyday stresses. God bless!
Great day book entry! Love the picture of you with your family at the beach.
Post a Comment