
I'm not sure what would possess a parent to let a kid loose on a normal orange when there is an alternative! I detest sticky citrus fingers that smear on everything 3 foot and lower post-orange consumption. If I'd known with my first kiddo what I know now, navel oranges might never have graced the blue surface of my kitchen countertops!
Clementines are the best take-along snack! Just ask Produce Pete! All of my kids love them. They easily peel without needing a helping start from a knife or peeling tool making them perfect even for a school lunch. They're small, so one kid always eats the whole fruit. With bite-sized slices, there's no sticky juice on hands or chins, and they're sweeter than most navel oranges! I've rarely had an unripe or overripe purchase. They run $3.50 for about 2 dozen around here. Not incredibly cheap, but well worth it for a snack that my sugar fein son will choose over a cookie!
No comments:
Post a Comment