Normally I'm expecting packages before they arrive on my doorstep, so when the postman drives down my driveway unexpectedly, my first reaction is to brace myself for whatever letter I might be signing for. That's the life with a custody arrangement! Today when the postman drove up and honked his horn (side note- since when do they honk and summon you out to their car door? Bizarre!), I was met with a big yellow DHL box. My first thought: "Oh crap, what crazy online offer did I get myself into?" Inside my house, I'm trying to examine the package to see if I need to "return to sender" it, and I find the return address label- Dusseldorf, Germany!
A couple weeks ago, my dear friend had asked for my address, I assumed to maybe send a card for my upcoming birthday or Mother's Day. I should have known better than to expect the expected in this case. That's one of the things I love about this friend!
When I opened the package, there's no note, only a huge lump of brochures of some kind- in German of course... All I know is that there's a giraffe on the front and it doesn't appear to be from a zoo. Hilarious replacement for bubble wrap and half the fun of the package! THEN... I get to the center of the wrapping...
YAY! I'm so excited to not only have a Starbuck's city mug from Germany to add to my collection, but from the city where my friend now lives! And it couldn't have come at a better time- a time where I needed a little simple pleasure!
Thanks again, science fair partner! I can't wait to catch up in a few weeks!

1 comment:
this is so sweet! What a great surprise! :)
Post a Comment