
It'd been years (literally) since I stepped foot inside those doors, not because I can't resist the temptation to overspend... couldn't be that. It was most definitely because I've spent the last several years pregnant or postpartum... yep.
As soon as a walked in, I was swept up in the styles, the colors, the organization that I loved so many years ago. But I was on a mission: jeans. Now, we all know that jeans shopping is just not the same after babies, especially after 3 babies. But the stacks of denim came through for me just as it had before. I loved the first pair I tried.
Unfortunately, I made a few selections on the way to the dressing room- just to see if I might finally like myself in cute clothes again. Guess what? It turns out, I did. In every one of the $25 tops I had grabbed. It was as if I couldn't stop myself from piling each of the four tops on the counter with my necessary Taylor Boot Jeans.
Military discount- save 10%. That's not so bad, right? I blindly signed up for a store credit card, something I've never done before and have refused to do under any circumstances. But saving another 10% justified my purchases...right? And I'd start receiving coupons in the mail (as if I need an excuse to visit the store again). My total bill after discounts was just over $100. For one pair of perfect jeans and four tops.
Am I sorry? Oh, no. Not yet anyway.
5 comments:
You are so funny! Good for you! Sometimes you need to feel like a woman again - and if that cost 100 bucks - I say not bad.
I feel like these past few weeks your posts have been so honest and although you have some things about your life that bug you or you worry about - you seem.......happier to me. this is a good, good, thing. God is so great!
PS--don't think I am nuts:)
Maurices! Definitely my favorite store, right above New York & Company (Maurices for the more casual, NY&C for the work attire). I got a credit card too! However, I don't live anywhere near one, so I justified it that way, haha.
Everytime I fly into Kansas City, I make Dan drive me there on the way home (it's just down the road)! It's my weakness too! Hmm . . . maybe we're related . . . :)
You go girl! You deserve to do some mommy shopping ;)
I love Target and Old Navy. They are definitely my two biggest downfalls. When I worked in an office I couldn't live without New York & Company. You need those moments and splurges to feel like a woman. I find my husband doesn't usually mind me buying something that keeps me looking and feeling good. Of course I am the one who stresses over the budget, so he knows if I spend it, it must be OK.
LOVE Maurice's! I wish I had money to shop right now!
Post a Comment