Saturday, July 5, 2014

The Call

I am so unworthy of the incredible trust God has placed in me. We are officially on our way to being a family of SEVEN!

My cell phone rang Thursday at 4:00. It wasn't the main CD number, but it was the same prefix, so I wasn't surprised to hear Miss A's voice when I answered. We'd been waiting 265 days for this call.

"I have good news."
pause...
"You and Amos were selected as the adoptive placement."

And with that, our lives are forever changed.

I cannot begin to explain the perfect way that God has knit our stories together. Maybe someday I'll be able to find the words to do Him justice. I'm standing in this little corner of the world watching His plans fall into place in a way that only He could have designed.

Thirty-eight weeks ago, Amos and I walked with our three kids through a carnival of kids in matching T-shirts. We stood just a few feet away from our daughter as she visited with Miss B before we did. That day, she and her brother snuggled into our hearts, and we found ourselves making a follow-up call for the exact children that J and Noah had been praying for, a 12-year-old girl and 7-year-old boy.

Over the last thirty-eight weeks, we've done a "Say 'Yes' and Let it Go" dance. We called, then prayed, then waited two weeks. We got a call back, said yes, prayed, and waited nearly 6 more months. Their sweet profiles showed up in our email on March 18th. We said "Yes" and waited a few more times before we finally got the call yelling us that our kids were ready to start heading home to us.

We've had a busy week telling the kids, reorganizing, making plans to adapt out home for our new additions and reading up on adopting with a vengeance. While we can't guess the timeline or even the day that we'll meet our kids, we know where we are headed, and we are thankful.

4 comments:

Aspiring Foster Mama said...

Yay!!! :)

Amanda said...

So blessed to be following your story. It is truly amazing what God can do in our lives when we have the faith to let him work. Joyful tears for your family. I am strengthened and humbled by your example.

Nel said...

Yay! I am just now catching up!!

Kelley said...

Amanda, thank you! You are an inspiration and great example to me as a mom!