Thursday, July 26, 2012





FOR TODAY, July 25th. 


Outside my window...  An entire community of deer have made a habit of grazing in the fields around our home.  As we drive in this time of day (dusk), we can count on seeing at least a family or two enjoying the cooling air in the valley.  A few nights ago we counted thirteen deer in one field alone.  We have a set of twins still sporting their spots as well as a couple small bucks in the mix. 

I am thinking...  about what my routine will be when school starts back in just fifteen days.  This is my last year with a preschooler in the house unless God blesses us with another happy accident someday, and I really want to take advantage of Miriam's free Tuesdays and Thursdays and field trip with her, spend a little time soaking up this four-year-old who is so full of her own ideas and lives with an amazing amount of excitement.  

I am thankful...  for friendship.  Especially for those few friends who can listen to your secrets and struggles and know the exact right way to respond.  I am SO SO blessed to have small but priceless circle around me.  There are no words... 

In the kitchen...  I tried some lemon garlic tuna burgers- edible but not my favorite.  I think tuna should be reserved for macaroni and cheese or tuna salad.  I just kept wishing I had beef between my sandwich thin. I did make some mean pork chops a few nights ago though.  Here's the recipe from Tyler Florence (Food Network).  THAT recipe made it on my Pinterest Board.

I am wearing... Green khaki carpenter pants and a light purple cami.  I've pretty much lived in camis this summer.  It's just been too HOT to think about sleeves of any length.  

I am creating...  a few crocheted baby items including a black pair of Mary Janes.  

I am going... WEST.  Again. Yay!  My sister is going to support a friend whose stay in Colorado was extended when she went into labor prematurely and delivered her daughter at 31 weeks.  The entire story is a whirlwind and a blog post in itself, but the bottom line is that I'm going along for the drive and playing nanny for a few days to my sweet niece. 

I am reading...  Dr. Laura Schlesinger's The Proper Care and Feeding of Husbands.  Again.  I needed a reminder and a swift kick in the butt in regard to my wifely role.  Dr. Laura's pretty good about telling it like it is... even in print.  

I am looking forward to... being back into a routine.  I thrive on routine.  As much as I love sleeping in and swimming all summer, the freedom tempts me to laziness, and it will be good for me to have daily time constraints again.

Around the house...  Our new siding is all painted Calvary blue and ready for the carpenters.  It will likely be another month before it's all up, but I'm learning to live in renovation time and just be happy IF it gets completed.  I like Lowe's and all, but I'm SO ready (three years ready) to NEVER, EVER see Lowe's house wrap again!  

I am pondering... Philippians 4: 5-9-  " ...The Lord is near.  Have no anxiety at all, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, make your requests known to God. Then the peace of God that surpasses all understanding will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus.  Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is gracious, if there is any excellence and if there is anything worthy of praise, think about these things.  Keep on doing what you have learned and received and heard and seen in me. Then the God of peace will be with you."

One of my favorite things...  is looking back and recognizing God's handiwork.  I just LOVE when He reveals a little bit of himself to me!

A few plans for the rest of the week: A dental check up, some pool time, a first birthday party for my cousin's adorable twin boys, and a train trip across Missouri to hop in the car with my sister!

A peek into my day...








1 comment:

collettakay said...

My youngest starts Kindergarten this year. I too am wondering what my new routine will be like.

Here's my daybook:

http://collettaskitchensink.blogspot.com/2012/07/simple-womans-daybook-72912.html

Colletta