Friday, September 10, 2010

Mamma M's 5 Question Friday: September 10th


1. Do you feel guilty spending money on yourself?

Not usually. I mostly feel guilty about frivolous purchases altogether. It might be a super cute shirt for Little Mister, a to-die-for hat for Little Miss, or a hardback book for Big Sister that I know I wait and purchase in paperback. And it might be a shirt that I bought regular price because I loved it that much.

2. How well do you know your neighbors?

Our next-door neighbors are my first cousins, and my aunt and uncle live one more house away. It's nice to know that if anything ever happens, reliable people are so close.

Last night (randomly) my husband and I perused the sex offender list for our town... I really would hate to live next to someone on that list and not have a clue! One of them lives on a street we almost moved to not so long ago. Scary and sad... enough said.

3. What age are you looking forward to being?

I really wouldn't want to speed up time. Heaven knows it passes faster than I'd like already. I'm looking forward to 33 and 43. At 33, at the latest, we'll be free from student loan debt. THAT will be an awesome feeling and will open up so many options in our life. At 43, we'll be at the start of our empty nest, and I can't wait to see where God leads us in that phase of our marriage. I love, love, love my kids and our life together, but I'm so looking forward to being a mom of adult children as well!

4. Do you get excited when the mail comes? Why?

Not really. I don't hate it. I don't love it. It's just a daily occurrence like showers and laundry. Now, the UPS or FedEx arrival?? Definitely excitement!

5. What is your earliest childhood memory?

I few years ago, I told my mom about a memory of mine in a playpen in a bedroom with 70's brown carpet. It turns out that that my parents has purchased and remodeled a rental house, and I had spent the majority of the work hours playing in a playpen in the brown carpeted bedroom. I was one.

3 comments:

Nel said...

I always love your posts!!!!!
And I too love UPS and FedEx deliveries!!

Deanne Smallwood-Thomas said...

one? that's impressive. i'm not sure when my earliest memory was....probably 2-ish. this was a really neat post! :D

Corrianna {SouthernMother} said...

Hey there! I found your blog on themomblogs.com, and wanted to invite you to "like" the new Missouri Mom Bloggers page on Facebook (http://on.fb.me/aiDZZ8)! I look forward to following your blog :)
-Corrianna {SouthernMother}
http://southernmother.com