Thursday, August 19, 2010

The Simple Woman's Daybook: November 1st




For Today... November 1, 2010


Outside my window... Grey skies and crisp air might be depressing on some days, but I'm personally excited to ditch all the jack-o-lanterns around here and replace them with Thanksgiving touches!


From the kitchen... the espresso maker brewed up a great white chocolate late this morning. I'm off to a Williams-Sonoma cooking class tonight with a great friend. It's a Thanksgiving dinner class, and I hope to pick up a few tips and ideas!


From the Learning Rooms... Lots of counting these days. Little Mister is working on counting by 10's, and his reading skills seem to be growing steadily. Little Miss, always on her own schedule, surprised us a few weeks ago with her alphabet song. It was nice to know that my efforts weren't being ignored. Now we're working on learning letters. It's been difficult to introduce new concepts to her because I don't want to push them if she hasn't mastered the building blocks needed for a new skill.


I am creating...

I was really happy with the weekend's cake!
Little Miss and I are already planning her birthday cake- Strawberry Shortcake. I can't believe she's almost three...


I am praying... for Baby Ella and her family... and all families who have lost a child to anencephaly.


Around the house... It's a disaster. Let's face it. There are toys everywhere!


One of my favorite things...

The rare times when these two get along well enough for a sweet picture. Little Mister isn't the most affectionate big brother, but we're working on it!


A few plans for the rest of the week... Amidst the normal taxiing, a horse is being delivered to my parents' farm. It's finally one that Big Sister will be able to ride. That means that it's time to arrange for riding lessons and riding gear. I've been praying for a way to give her a shot as the activity she's passionate about, and it's still hard to believe that I'm going to be able to provide her with this opportunity!


Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you...


The eskimo...



The super-heroine...




And the video game heros...





2 comments:

Nel said...

Oh my gosh........ that cake is AMAZING!!!!!!!! You should show every one you know a picture of that!!!!!!! That's awesome!!!!! REally it looks like a bag!

Your kiddos are too cute!!!!! Love the pictures :)

I am exciting about Halloween being over too..... it was a long crazy holiday this year, lol!

So glad to see a new post from you today ;o)

Molly said...

I am seriously cracking up w/your 2 boys..lol.. that is awesome!