Tuesday, May 4, 2010

The Simple Woman's Daybook: May 4th



For Today... May 4, 2010

Outside my window... I literally can't see the sky through the trees anymore. My flower bed is looking slightly more tame after the hour I spent pulling weeds, but it's still a disorganized mess after a decade or more of neglect! I think the best bet is to pull it all up come fall and reorganize... now if I just had a clue what I was doing!

I'm going to try my hand at a few tomato plants this year. Just 3-4, but they'll get planted next week! Hopefully we'll be able to satisfy Hubby's craving for garden tomatoes this year.

From the kitchen... Today I'm making broccoli salad and tuna salad to eat for lunches this week. Also on the menu are Chicken Parmesan and Garlic Chicken... and we'll see what E-mealz has in store for the rest of the week!

I am wearing... blue PJ pants, greet camisole. Kinda pathetic, I know. I should've been in the shower hours ago.

From the Learning Rooms... Reading, writing, and addition. I'm working on a final thematic unit to finish off the year... Then it's on to institutional preschool next year.

I am creating... Necklaces. This is my first:


And a new cake that left me wanting to do some real high heels.

I am praying... that God will bless my little sister and her fiance as they job hunt.

Around the house... general tidying is in order for today. Lots of random toys and games have made their way out of the kids' bedrooms.

One of my favorite things... my new stacking laundry baskets. I finally have some semblance of organization in my laundry room!

A few plans for the rest of the week... A trip to the zoo on Saturday for the USO's Day at the Zoo, my parents' anniversary on Saturday, and Mother's Day on Sunday!

Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you...


I'm going to miss this scene this summer! There's just something about the beach... isn't there?



No comments: