Tuesday, April 6, 2010

The Simple Woman's Daybook: April 5th




For Today... April 6, 2010

Outside my window... What a gloriously beautiful Easter Sunday we had here! A few wispy clouds, bright, warm sunshine, and a breeze made for a fantastic day with family!

From the kitchen... Leftover corn chowder for lunch today, and for dinner, $1.99 Family Night Happy Meals from McDonalds!

I am wearing... blue yoga pants, white tank, bare feet.

From the Learning Rooms... I've promised Little Mister that we'll learn about tornados this week in preschool. I believe that the old soda bottle tornado project is in order!

I am creating... too many things at once! I'm behind on edits for 2 photography sessions, have one to photograph Wednesday (a first birthday session!), and have a cake in the works for this weekend!

I am praying... humble thanks for keeping my husband and youngest child safe Sunday when they were T-boned by a sixteen-year-old driver. I cannot imagine what I would've done had I been driving to an accident that had left my baby or my husband permanently injured or dead... Seeing our van crunched in the ditch and knowing that the emergency lights were for my daughter was bad enough, and I already knew that she and Hubby were safe and healthy.

I'm pondering these words... Women’s sexuality requires “priming,” while guys are just about always “ready to roll.” A lot of that priming has to happen in her head: thinking affectionately about sensual things, bathing, primping and flirting - the kinds of things wives tend to leave at the altar or in the birthing room. ~Dr. Laura

Around the house... Lots of light fixtures are sitting on boxes awaiting installation, and I'm hoping that the rain doesn't prevent us from mowing the grass Thursday evening!

One of my favorite things... Watching my children get along. It's a sad fact that this doesn't happen often enough, but when the three of them are truly playing happily together, it's the best sound in the world!

A few plans for the rest of the week... a soccer game for big sister tonight, an endless string of phone calls to insurance companies, finalizing taxes! Last year we mailed them on April 15th, so we're improving slightly this year by mailing them in by the 7th!

Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you...


One of myself for a change! My cousin snapped a couple of Hubby and I at our family shindig over the weekend! And look- no double chin, tummy or anything!

4 comments:

Holly Rutchik said...

What beautiful photo! Your smile is so real, I love it! I can see "you" in it!
Blessed Easter and thanksgiving for a safe family!

Mrs F said...

LOVE the picture of you 2!!! And I am so glad that they were both ok after the wreck - what a scarey thing!

Crafty P said...

Lovely daybook entry. Happy Easter and glad to hear that everyone was okay after your accident. Blessings!

Amanda, Joseph, and Scottie said...

I love the picture, so sweet. I also appreciated your thought by Dr. Laura. Isn't she wonderful? I am glad all is well after that accident, I can't imagine. Scottie's broken arm has been scary enough.