Tuesday, April 27, 2010

The Simple Woman's Daybook: April 27th




For Today... April 27, 2010

Outside my window... There's so much GREEN outside! We've been waiting for three weeks the 80's riding mower my parents gave us to be serviced. Any day now would be great... our lawn is begging to be mowed again!

From the kitchen... A huge batch of stuffed peppers. I made fifteen today and have enough stuffing left for 15 more. They freeze like a dream and make the perfect lunch for Hubby! I made a version of this recipe last night- not too bad!

I am wearing... jeans and a pink, long sleeved tee. And bare feet.

From the Learning Rooms... We're going back to relearn how to write lowercase a's this week. Little Mister has gotten quite lazy about them lately! I'm also hoping to make some more progress on spelling and word families.

I am creating... patches for Big Sister's jeans. She has three pair that she's worn through, and she asked for some crazy patchwork to cover the holes in her knees.

I am praying... for the next few days to be exciting and motivating for my husband... and for sanity through the weekend. It's just me and the kids while Daddy's away at his military drill!

Around the house... Laundry is caught up, but the family room is atrocious! There are blankets, toys, games, and pillows strewn all over. The room has turned into a group effort!

One of my favorite things... Yard Sale-ing! Ashley and I packed the kids into the van and headed out Friday and Saturday mornings last weekend! I forgot how much I liked digging through other people's discarded belongings!

A few plans for the rest of the week... two cakes and the last night of teaching religion classes. Big Sister is off school Thursday and Friday, so we're hoping to make a trip to the Magic House later this week!

Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you...



A blast from the past for you. I found this picture of Hubby and I in a pile of my baby sisters prints. It's from the weekend I accepted his proposal.


1 comment:

Marie said...

What a cute picture of you with your husband Kelley. When I had the five children at home, I never got caught up on the laundry! There were always three huge piles, one waiting to go in, one having just come out and one in the ironing/putaway basket! Whew!