Monday, March 8, 2010

The Simple Woman's Daybook: March 8th


For Today... March 8, 2010

Outside my window... Birds, bulbs, and the first crocuses... the warm sunny weekend proved productive here in the valley!

From the kitchen... I completely slacked off tonight and made pancakes for dinner. What can I say? Hubby was gone, Little Miss was running a fever! Lots of veggies and baked chicken tomorrow to compensate!

I am wearing... Boot cut jeans, a black, long sleeve shirt, and my glasses (that I'm having to wear more often now).

From the Learning Rooms... Finally getting to our rocket this week! We'll use the lesson to work on the letter R and counting backward from ten. Little Mister is very excited to put his rocket kit together, and I think that Uncle L may even be home for Easter. That means we'll get to launch it!

I am creating... a yard. I've made it my mission to transform our construction site into a real, neat landscape this month (and next). Our house will still look under construction until our siding is up and painted, but the yard... THAT is something I have control over!

I am praying... for patience as we revamp our parenting tactics around here! I tried Super Nanny's stern talk and somehow I've turned into a drill sergeant... and unfortunately my soldiers are following my lead. It's back to loving talk and living as examples of how we want them to handle sibling conflict. But my goodness, it doesn't take long for yelling to become habit!

Around the house... the main level is fairly tidy, but the upstairs is a sight! Little Mister and I are going to tackle his room together, and Big Sister is on the verge of loosing my laundry services until she does something about the clothes piled everywhere! Sheesh!

One of my favorite things: the contentment that comes from knowing that God always has my backup plan planned... and that it wasn't His backup plan- it was His plan. It's amazing how something that is stressful, terrifying, or heart-wrenching, can lead you somewhere that you feel sure you were meant to be.

A few plans for the rest of the week... the calendar's wide open! Just the normal kids' activities and teaching PSR.

Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you...

Little Miss enjoying the SEVETY degree day!



4 comments:

Jamie said...

Sounds like a beautiful ordinary day. I love those. Photo is so cute.

Nel Lenae said...

Good luck with the parenting tactics... I have been struggling in some areas too :( Where do our kids learn these things!??!?!

Freely Living Life said...

I found you on "Friday Follow" and am now following you through Google Friend Connect. I look forward to further exploring your blog. Come on over and visit us when you get a chance. <3

SafeHomeHappyMom said...

I am now following your blog from a late Friday Follow. This is a neat and chic blog, I will be reading up more. You can also follow me at www.safehomehappymom.com i'm sure you will like it too.

Blessing @ Safe Home Happy Mom