Friday, March 5, 2010

My Girls


My Mamma was telling me today about a new friend of hers who invited her to go shopping. And I thought, "I wonder if I'll ever be invited to do things with new girls in my life..."

And then I remembered that right now, the main girls in my life are 2 and 9.


And I remembered that at my age, my mom was doing what I'm doing now- throwing herself into parenting. And as much as we all need friends, my priceless few are more than enough sustenance for me in these parenting years... But it's nice to see my mom with an active social life. It makes me more content to focus on my family rather than my social life. Because there really will be time for that later.





6 comments:

Stacie said...

Your girls are adorable!

Nel Lenae said...

Totally agree!

And they are adorable :o)

Tina said...

Wow, I haven't seen big sister in a LONG time - she looks so old!!!!!
And I agree - that parenting is #1 now - social life later.... and that my little circle of friends is more valuable then a huge group right now!

Hope you have a great weekend!

Jamie said...

First, girls are so darn cute, you are blessed. Second, I totally agree with you. I currently have very little social life with other women (except for my blogging frinds) because I throw myself into being a mother and wife. My son is eight, it will be just a blink of the eye and he will not need me any more, so I'm soaking up every second of it while I can.

joeandbridge said...

Good Afternoon! Happy Friday Follow! (on Saturday-lol) I am your newest follower. Come visit me :) and have a great weekend! Shoot me an email if you'd like me to subscribe, twitter or facebook.

Bridgette Groschen
The Groschen Goblins
http://www.groschengoblins.com

Work at Home Dad said...

They are so adorable. Great post.