Friday, March 19, 2010

Mamma M's 5 Question Friday: March 19th

My Little Life

1. Have you ever had a celeb sighting?
Nope, although my husband accidentally had lunch with Brittany Murphy when she was in the Middle East with the USO. Even got a kiss on the cheek (so he says) from her. Knowing me, I've bumped into a handful of celebs and been totally oblivious to their identities!


2. What temperature do you keep your house?
65-67 in the winter We used to keep it 72-74, but this big house is torture on the electric bills! I'm sure it'll be 76-78 in the summer, and I've vowed to turn it off completely during May and maybe June. We'll see if we survive that though!

3. Do you notice dust at other peoples homes?
Nope- unless the kids have written messages in it. I notice the toilets- good or bad- because I'm a stickler about having my toilet clean for company. Seriously, if you pop in without warning, expect me to fake a trip to the little girls room so I can clean it... even if I just cleaned it the day before!

4. What's the worst job you ever had?

Hm... that's a tough one. Partly because I haven't had many jobs. I cleaned my parents' rental cabins off and on for years, I substituted, and I taught high school English. I suppose by comparison, the cleaning job was the worst, but it was good stinkin' money. Sometimes I think about "applying" again.

5. What is your most sentimental possession?

It's a toss-up between my wedding album and family videos from my childhood.

3 comments:

Nel Lenae said...

Not unless messages are written in it!!! Too funny! Makes me think of when we used to write stuff on mom's black shiney baby grand piano! That thing collected dust so easily...
And my sister is psycho about bathrooms - seriously she wouldn't go at my aunts house! And she refusses to go in gas station bathrooms!!!

Annette said...

LOL That reminds me of the filthy white work vans that people scrawl "wash me" on! :) Imagine if someone wrote that on my furniture!? That would be v embarrassing!!

Found your lovely blog via 5QF & I'm now following you!

:)

Annette
www.mammakerr.com

Amanda, Joseph, and Scottie said...

I always enjoyed the money from cleaning cabins for your parents. They paid pretty well.