Sunday, February 28, 2010

The Simple Woman's Daybook: March 1st




For Today... March 1, 2010

Outside my window... it's noticeably lighter earlier! Just another sign that spring will, at some point, be here!

From the kitchen... This afternoon I'll hit the grocery store. I'm never sure how we ran so low on so many things so quickly! In any event, the cart will be piled high, the kids will be squirmy, and I'll be frazzled! Good times!

I am wearing... Green PJ pants, a brown camisole, and a black cardigan.

From the Learning Rooms... Little Mister's been busy lately. We went on a field trip to the Magic House in St. Louis last week, and he's been science, science, science! He's SO curious and attentive, so I'm following his lead for the time being.

I am creating... a new apron. I picked out material a couple weeks ago. Blues and browns with flowers and hummingbirds. My grandmother loved to hang hummingbird feeders on their patio and watch the hummingbirds all summer. Every time I see one, I think of her. Living in this house, I like to do small things to keep her and my grandpa close.

I am praying... giving thanks for the gift of God's son. At this time if year, I am in awe of the Holy Sacrifice that was to save me in all my smallness and imperfection.

Around the house... I'm tackling that master bedroom. I'd hoped to get to it last week, and now it's worse than ever! I started last night by resorting the DVD's and boxing them away out of reach of little hands. Hopefully I'll have reclaimed our turf by nightfall!

One of my favorite things: forgiveness... from loved ones, from strangers, from myself, and most importantly from God.

A few plans for the rest of the week... A play date, photo session for a friend (I can't believe her little guy is almost 1!), and general happy chaos that is life with three kids!

Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you...

Happy March 1st from Little Mister in all his goofiness!



1 comment:

Elizabeth Patch said...

what a little cutie pie! thanks so much for stopping by and commenting on my blog. I really appreciate it!