Monday, February 8, 2010

The Simple Woman's Daybook: February 8th





For Today... February 8, 2010

Outside my window... Black. I'm guessing it's snowing again, but it's too early to tell. The radio is listing school closings, but I haven't yet been given permission to turn off Big Sister's alarm clock and snuggle back under the covers.

From the kitchen... I bought some fugi apples yesterday- they are fabulously delicious and will make the perfect snack for me today. The kids much prefer granny smiths, and we have pile of those as well.

I am wearing... My snowflake pajama pants from a girls trip to Chicago. I truly love the silly pictures we have of all four of us wearing them in our Hard Rock Hotel room. How much has changed since that trip two Decembers ago!

From the Learning Rooms... My big brother sent a model rocket for Little Mister's birthday. I think we'll attempt to make the rocket together and make a theme day out of it. Last week, he learned all about the lungs. He can tell you all about the oxygen/carbon dioxide exchange. I never know what he's going to ask!

I am creating... pirate patches. Because we've misplaced the one from the eye doctor too many times. I think a back-up (or two) is in order!

I am praying... for a safe morning commute for Hubby. I hate that he travels so far in the snow- or any time really.

Around the house... Cleaning up from a photo appointment yesterday and folding laundry. The kitchen floor is begging for a hands-and-knees scrub.

One of my favorite things... Norah Jones. Love her. She has a new album out!

I am pondering these words... "You may share DNA, but it doesn't mean you share the same values." - Dr. Laura

A few plans for the rest of the week... A cooking lesson/play date. We're making biscuits and gravy. Let's home my gravy doesn't flop that morning! Oh yeah... and searching desperately for a sitter for Thursday, bridesmaid dress shopping, a 4-H Valentine to help with, a meeting with my bride-to-be little sister and her photographer. Looks like I better enjoy this lazy Monday!

Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you...

Little Miss loves "Minnie Mouse ears" (pigtails). She'll wear them for an hour or more before tearing them out which is a huge leap from where we were a month ago!



7 comments:

Ashley said...

I was JUST looking at those pictures 3 days ago! I love them too!!!

Nel said...

Adorable picture!!! Love it!

Rhonda said...

One of my sons loves Granny Smith apples. That is about all he will eat apple wise. She is a doll. Love that picture.

Belles said...

I love Fugi apples and they are great to bake with, make wonderful apple crisp. Enjoyed my visit

Lea said...

Enjoyed visiting your blog today. Sounds like you have little time for boredom. :o) Blessings to you this week!

Marie said...

What a sweetie pie she is! How utterly adorable. I am on the hunt for some purple fabric that will make the perfect purple ballerina dolls tutu! (just so you know I haven't forgotten!)

Debbie said...

That photo is precious!
Came over from SITS.