Monday, February 15, 2010

The Simple Woman's Daybook: February 15th






For Today... February 15, 2010

Outside my window... there's an overcast sky. A few flurries wind lazily, resting on the leaf covered ground. It's not often that I complete a daybook at 4 in the afternoon, but this morning was hectic!

From the kitchen... Fresh chocolate chip cookies are in the oven. Just a half batch. I love the smell of cookies baking even more than I enjoy the taste of them!

I am wearing... Jeans and a heather-green sweater.

From the Learning Rooms... Daddy played substitute last week while I went bridesmaid dress shopping with my little sister. They successfully assembled the stegosaurus robot that Little Mister got as a birthday gift, and they learned all about gears and motors... much more than I would have been able to teach him in that area!

I am creating... a baby shower cake this week. I'm treating it like a real learning experience. Why? Because I may very likely be making my little sister's wedding cake in October. Scary! I am by no means that confident in my abilities... so here's hoping that I have lots of opportunities to practice!

I am praying... for some dear friends of mine whose kids are sick. I think we'll all be thrilled to have a healthy bunch again soon! We Mommies love our play dates!

Around the house... Laundry. Laundry. LAUNDRY.

One of my favorite things... Sometimes my husband takes a day off, just to take it off. I love it because it gives some family time that is just a bit different from our weekends.

A few plans for the rest of the week... recouping from the 4 day weekend that Hubby took... which should take until next weekend!

Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you...


Our wedding cake- made for us by my aunt.



1 comment:

Marie said...

Kelley, I didn't realize that you decorated cakes! Would love to see the Shower cake when you are done. I bet you do a super job on it! xxoo