Monday, December 28, 2009

The Simple Woman's Daybook: December 28th





For Today... December 28th, 2009

Outside my window... The trucks are already heading down the road to work on the remodel and new construction homes past ours. It makes me feel a bit lazy to be typing in the midst of our unfinished house, but a string of to-do's waits with good intentions for today!

From the kitchen... I bought groceries for the first time in two weeks last night. And by that I mean I bought a box of Honey Nut Cherrios and milk. The cupboards are bare! E-Mealz will be making hubby happy this week with loaded nachos and creamy garlic chicken on the menu!

I am wearing... Grey yoga pants, purple Crocs, and a bright yellow-orange chili cook-off shirt.

From the Learning Rooms... Second semester plans are in the works. Hopefully I'll fit in a few more field trips in the next few months. With the Magic House family membership that my big sister gave us for Christmas, I'm hoping to scope out their events and make it to a few!

I am creating... a mental pro/con list trying to decide exactly how busy with my own projects I want to be this year. I'm afraid that serving as bridesmaid in two weddings this year might swamp my creative resources.

I am praying... for a happy and safe visit for Big Sister who is with her dad for the week.

Around the house... We have a welcomed addition to the foyer-- a LIGHT! Hubby installed it, and it looks GREAT! Finally, our guests will be able to see when they come in at night... even it the porch lights still don't let them see the way back to their cars!

One of my favorite things... the Starbuck's gift card from my big brother. My trips to the city are going to be slightly less guilt-ridden in the coming months thanks to him!

A few plans for the rest of the week... New Year's Eve with my family, the $1 party poppers I picked up, and a board game or two. Perhaps a trip to Costco and to return a few items.

Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you...


My family before Christmas Eve Mass

3 comments:

Tina said...

LOVE THE PICTURE!!!!!!
I miss you!!!!
and want a recipe for loaded nachos and creamy garlic chicken ;o)

Nel said...

I too LOVE the picture!!! What an adorable family!
And thanks for the recipes ;)

A Gracious Home said...

Sounds like you will have a fun week. Your family picture is beautiful. I hope you have a great week, Doylene