Thursday, December 3, 2009

Miscellaneous Catch-ups

Lots of randomness today...

Hubby is working on a secret project... one that will hopefully turn into a fun new tool for myself and all my fellow bloggers!

We found one, very small opening in our facia on the outside of our house... and I think there might be a squirrel attempting to store his goodies in the roof of our porch. Grr...

In my efforts to spend less this year, I've gotten myself roped into... oh... about 80 hours of work for my siblings gifts. I'd spill the secret, but my little sis is an occasional visitor here.

I finally upgraded my cell phone today! My Samsung Magnet should be here next week to save my friendships, business calls, and family ties from the annoyance of loosing power at random moments.

I decorated for Christmas! I did way more that I had intended this year... which still isn't much. While I stuck to my plan of NOT decorating our house-wrapped exterior, I did end up adding mantle decor and my nativity to the original plan of just the tree. An unexpected effect: you can hardly tell that the finished wood of the mantle isn't installed yet!

I'm feeling a bit guilty for never sending Christmas cards... but not quite guilty enough to get my act together on that! Plus, my brilliant plan to buy the kids matching outfits on 90% off clearance last year bombed. I bought green plaid skirts for the girls and a matching shirt and vest for Little Mister. Unfortunately, 6 hours and 3 returns later, I finally gave up the search for shirts to match the skirts...

I'm amazed that 15 pounds isn't more dramatically lost. :-) Maybe 30 will be...




Thanks for stopping by,

1 comment:

Nel said...

I will be phone shopping in January - that one looks very tempting!!!