Monday, November 9, 2009

The Simple Woman's Daybook: November 9th






For Today... November 9th, 2009

Outside my window... The old cedars at the edge of the yard are the only surviving green.

From the kitchen... Our first week of E-Mealz! Last night we had beefy nachos and cucumber and onion salad. For the rest of the week: Stove Top Shrimp and Sausage, Santa Fe Soup, Spaghetti, Chicken and Dumplings, and Tuna Casserole.

I am wearing... A purple tunic top and grey sweats.

From the Learning Rooms... Our pirate day was a HIT last week! It was the first day that Little Mister hasn't been squirrely in weeks. This week is more of the same- reading skills, patterns, and basic addition and subtraction. We're getting better at addition and subtraction, but any pattern beyond "abababa" is still tough!

I am creating... Freezable meals to feed the gang while I'm away later this week! California, here I come!

I am praying... For my husband, that he may continue to be the strong provider that he has been thus far, and that I may find new ways to show him that I appreciate his dedication to his family and career. I pray that 25 years from now, he can look back on the years gone by and remember me as an ever supportive wife who strengthened his career simply by believing in him.

Around the house... Photography gear has consumed the family room. I took a few sample shots of Little Miss' birthday pictures yesterday and have more to do today along with a family Christmas session with a dear friend.

One of my favorite things... The first week of hard core weight-loss effort. Gotta love how quickly those first 5 pounds disappear!

A few plans for the rest of the week... Preschool, Begging my mom to cut my hair before my CA trip, and LOTS of preparations around the house. It makes me feel much better about leaving Hubby with the kids for the weekend when the house is completely in order!

Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you...

Big Sister was in a cooperative mood, so I started her favorite music and let her bop around for a few shots yesterday.



Join the daybook group or see other daybooks here!



Thanks for stopping by,

2 comments:

Nel said...

Adorable picture!!! And I really do want you to take our family pics if you would... please let me know when works for you.

Hope you have fun in CA!!!

A Gracious Home said...

I enjoyed your daybook. I'm glad to see you are such a supportive wife. You will never regret it. I love the picture of your daughter. She is so cute. I hope you have a great trip. Doylene