Monday, November 2, 2009

The Simple Woman's Daybook: November 2nd





For Today... November 2nd, 2009

Outside my window... A soft blue sky backs the bare trees that surround our house. After a few days of hard rain last week, the leaves are ALL on the ground.

From the kitchen... Trying to limit starches and empty carbs this week. Meatloaf, whole grain pastas, and beef stew or chili are in the works!

I am wearing... Green pj pants and a bright pink shirt with a little snowman on the center front.

From the Learning Rooms... Continuing to work on word recognition and basic phonics. Little Mister has been begging me to make him a pirate patch for weeks, so our math/science day will center start with a sewing lesson and center around swabbing the decks and other such nonsense for the little scallywag.

I am creating... Plans for my upcoming trip to California to visit my little sister. I'm so excited to have a weekend alone with her before she gets married! So far we've made arrangements to tour Hearst Castle and visit Sequoia National Park. I can't wait to take the drive up the coast on 101!

I am praying... For willpower.

Around the house... We spent 4 hours yesterday tackling the leaves, but I'm not sure you would be able to tell were it not for the blackened area where our burn pile was!

One of my favorite things... refinishing something! I refinished our rocking chairs recently. The moisture that surrounded our old house took its toll on our white front porch rockers, but they've regained their bright white finish and look amazing in comparison! Next on the list is our deck seating!

A few plans for the rest of the week... Halloween party, finishing Little Miss' mermaid costume, and lots of photo editing!

Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you...

I spent October sharing our Halloween memories, so I, of course, had to share this year's costumes with you all! Little Miss' mermaid costume was a hit with her and well worth the time I took to make it. She was decked out with blue "low lights" and glitter in her hair that she thought was pretty awesome too! Big Sister wanted to be a equestrian competitor, so we bought a riding helmet and made tall boot shoe covers. I had intended to make a Popeye costume for Little Mister, but after I failed at finding a sailor suit pattern, we decided we'd save him for next year and opted for the dragon costume that had been given to us along with Little Miss' hand-me-downs.



Join the daybook group or see other daybooks here!



Thanks for stopping by,

2 comments:

A Gracious Home said...

The costumes are all great. I know the children loved them. The pictures are wonderful. I hope you have a great week. Doylene

Mrs. Haid said...

I knew J's costume... but when I looked at it I thought she dressed up as Amish! Ha!

Have fun in CA!