Monday, November 30, 2009

The Simple Woman's Daybook: December 21st




For Today... December 21st, 2009

Outside my window... Grey sky and barren branches highlighted with the snow left from last week.

From the kitchen... The last batches of Christmas cookies wait. No Bake Cookies and Classic Sugar cookies. I've already made Candy Cane Cookies, Chocolate Pistachio Bow Ties, dipped Pretzel Rods, Gingerbread Men, and Andes Creme De Menthe Cookies.

I am wearing... Black hoodie and grey sweats. It's Christmas break around here... no need to get dressed until we need to leave the house, right???

From the Learning Rooms... Just a few art projects to give as gifts this week and the normal educational play, learning games, and reading. Hopefully we'll make it to Story Hour tomorrow to see Santa!

I am creating... The last of my Christmas letters. The funeral over the weekend changed the schedule around here a bit.

I am praying... For an Advent full of peace, especially for my aunt who sent her husband Home after his long battle with Cancer.

Around the house... Everything was ship-shape a few days ago. As usual, clutter is already begging attention. Storage would be nice someday! Closets void of shelving and doors aren't much help for this housekeeper!

One of my favorite things... watching the kids explore the gifts under the tree. Little Miss unwrapped two before she learned her lesson. Now it's just lots of shaking, guessing, and anticipating.

A few plans for the rest of the week... Christmas festivities and the traditional Serendipity viewing with my little sis!

(allmoviephoto.com)


Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you...

Hubby's office Christmas party had a photo booth- that didn't warn you before it took the pictures!


Join the daybook group or see other daybooks here!



Have a truly blessed Holiday,

2 comments:

Nel said...

Super cute pictures ;)

♥ Tamara ♥ said...

Thanks for sharing your daybook. I've enjoyed my visit.

May you and your family have a Christmas filled with many blessings!
~Tamara
BranchOfWisdom.com

P.S. You are invited to drop by my blog on 12/27 and enter my New Year's Giveaway!