Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Here's Ginger!


Who says bridesmaid dresses can't be reused? Oh, yeah. Me! Today, however, Big Sister proved me wrong! She had a school assignment to dress up like a famous Missourian, and she was assigned Ginger Rogers. We looked for dance costumes, casual clothes circa 1930's and 40's, and finally settled on the most fun- Hollywood movie star. Lucky for me, I'd wanted bridesmaids dresses inspired my the 30's and 40's, and my sister's was still hanging in the closet at my mother's house! A quick hem with No Sew, a few safety pins, and finger waves created by my talented mamma, we had a Ginger look-a-like.


Big Sister was pretty resistant to getting up early to get ready and declared that she was glad that her dream wasn't to become a real movie star. But thirty minutes later, she was pretty tickled with the result of our efforts. She said she didn't recognize herself (although her brace-worthy teeth should have given her away)!
At my wedding, Big Sister, 5 years old, shaking it with MY big sister!





Ginger Rogers- the picture that convinced Big Sister that we were on the right track!



4 comments:

Marie said...

How wonderful. What a sweetie pie she is. YOU did a fabulous job of the makeover!

Nel said...

Love it! And once again you did an amazing job!!!

Mama Ruck said...

Fun assignment!

Tina said...

She is so pretty, and I love the pic of her and Jess ;o)