Monday, October 5, 2009

The Simple Woman's Daybook: October 5th



For Today... October 5, 2009

Outside my window... The sprinkle of orange that fought through the green leaves just last week has gained some ground. The oaks are still green, but their battle is a loosing one, and I'm happy to say that by next week, the hillsides around our home will be alive with the warmth of autumn colors. THEN, it will be time for bonfires, hot cocoa, and sweaters and boots. I look forward to the next few week all year long!

From the kitchen... We took the easy road this morning and had cereal for breakfast... No prep time, and just as little clean up involved. For lunch we'll likely do macaroni and salad, and dinner... is yet to be determined.

I am wearing... Sky blue athletic pants, a chili cookoff shirt from Hubby's annual company shindig, and a black "teacher sweater"

From the Learning Rooms... I stopped by a teacher store over the weekend and picked up some great math manipulatives. I'm excited to use them Thursday. We're still working on basic addition with Little Mister. Last week's lesson was fairly successful, and I thought he did a great job for his first day out. He was even using subtraction skills later while eating some fruit snacks. "Mommy. I have 2 fruit snacks. Now I'm eating one. I have one left. Now I'm eating 1 more. Now they're all gone!"

I am creating... a clear porch. Hubby and I cleared off the boardwalk yesterday evening. As soon as we get rid of the air conditioner unit on our front porch, I think I'll be able to tackle the rest of the clutter on my own.

I am praying... for my big sister as she discerns God's will in her life right now.

I am reading... The Song of the Lark by Willa Cather. This is the first library book I've checked out for myself in years. I must say I'm quite content between the wrapped covers and yellowed pages. There's something about a library book that does my heart good... must be the English major in me.

Around the house... I'm trying not to look at my kitchen right now... I decided to forget about dishes after a late dinner yesterday, and I've determined that waking up to a messy kitchen on a Monday morning was NOT a good plan!

One of my favorite things... Kisses from my kiss-stingy toddler. Their rarity makes them all the more precious!

A few plans for the rest of the week... The normal extracurriculars, a portrait play date, and perhaps a girls' night if I can find a free evening!

Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you...


I've decided to post past Halloween pictures this month. First up is Little Mister's first.



Join the daybook group or see other daybooks here!



Thanks for stopping by,

1 comment:

Jerralea said...

What adorable pictures!

Kisses from toddlers are the best. I miss those days!