Monday, October 26, 2009

The Simple Woman's Daybook: October 26sth




For Today... October 26th, 2009

Outside my window... Raindrops drip from the tree limbs. The October air more resembles late November today. And to think that last week we nearly reached the 80's!

From the kitchen... It's just the kids and I this week as hubby is working against a Friday deadline. The result: simplicity. An opportunity to fall back on healthy, kid-friendly favorites. But no one to share a late night carton of Ben & Jerry's.

I am wearing... My housecleaning attire. Blue yoga pants and a worn out pink striped tank.

From the Learning Rooms... Last week we worked SO hard on learning our coins. I can almost tell that Little Mister knows what each on is, but he's still not willing to make it obvious. More on money basics this week as well as another shot at patterns.

I am creating... a grocery list. The fridge is a sad sight! And a little Halloween Party surprise if I can get my fingers moving between now and then!

I am praying... a prayer of thanksgiving for a productive weekend... and for the motivation I was given this morning to start my day with a little step aerobics.

I am reading... The Song of the Lark by Willa Cather.

Around the house... We put the kids' doors on their rooms yesterday! Big Sister was psyched to come home to privacy for the first time since she was five, and Little Mister actually respected our "if the door is closed, don't go in" rule... so far!

One of my favorite things... Boots! And it's that time of year again!

A few plans for the rest of the week... Halloween party, finishing Little Miss' mermaid costume, and lots of photo editing!

Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you...

Halloweens passed: round four. Last year's costumes. Big Sister went as a cat, Little Miss as Tinkerbell, and Little Mister as a nerd.



Join the daybook group or see other daybooks here!



Thanks for stopping by,

3 comments:

Nel said...

Adorable pictures!!! Super cool costumes! And I can't wait for our Halloween party :)

Marie said...

Love the cute pics of your little goblins! How adorable! We're having Indian Summer here this week! The weather's been fab!

Love Bears All Things said...

Thanks for sharing the Halloween photos. I love seeing them.
I have got to get some treats before Saturday. I'm planning on going to the church's event so I'll maybe leave them out on the porch so my tricksters can help themselves. We don't have too many and most come with their parents.
Mama Bear