Monday, October 19, 2009

The Simple Woman's Daybook: October 19th



For Today... October 19th, 2009

Outside my window... There must be a dozen wasps! It's as if we sealed up the entrance to their winter home and they're searching frantically for a way in. Ick. I'm just happy they're hanging out in the back of the house away from the areas where the kids play!

From the kitchen... I made a great Pasta Primavera courtesy of Food Network last week. Hubby enjoyed two platefuls and asked for the leftovers for dinner tonight. It's a sure sign that he thoroughly enjoyed it.

I am wearing... My favorite jeans and a brown tank top. I'll add the green plaid top layer when I'm sure I won't be bombarded by kids before Big Sister's parent-teacher conference this afternoon.

From the Learning Rooms... Rhyming skills are really coming along, and Little Mister is doing a fabulous job of noticing addition and subtraction in his life outside our preschool time. I need to throw an awesome lesson at him for Math/Science Thursday. We've been hard at the basics for a couple weeks now, and he's getting a bit antsy!

I am creating... a more organized scheduling method. The Mom's Plan-It fridge calendar isn't quite cutting it lately! Sometimes I think I'd pair nicely with a PDA of some sort. I can just pictures myself with a super cute pink one, juggling three kids in one hand and typing like Wonder Woman with the other... right.

I am praying... for a change, something to kick my but into gear. I've been not-quite with it these days, and I don't really feel like myself when I'm like this. How I look forward to a time when my life and budget allow for yoga again- a little quiet time and exercise at once...

I am reading... The Song of the Lark by Willa Cather. I've only found time for 50 pages since last week.

Around the house... Some dishes are awaiting my arrival, and the laundry is a few loads shy of complete. I did manage to regain control of my living room from the storage boxes that we'd moved out of the office temporarily! I have to say, it feels SO much nicer to walk into that room now!

One of my favorite things... doing something that I've been procrastinating about.

A few plans for the rest of the week... Parent-Teacher conference, Ti Kwon Do, Gymnastics, and a 3.5 day school week!

Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you...

Halloweens passed: round three. Little Mister's Pirate costume. He got double use from it that year as Daddy's office picnic was pirate themed!



Join the daybook group or see other daybooks here!



Thanks for stopping by,

2 comments:

Marie said...

Love the new signature Kelly, and like you I hate wasps. THey terrify me!! Love your little pirate too! How cute!

A Gracious Home said...

I love Food Network. Your picture is so cute. I'm sorry I'm so late getting to you. I've had a busy week. I hope you get rid of the wasp. We had to stop putting up a humming bird feeder because of wasp. I hope you have a good week. Doylene