Monday, September 14, 2009

So Close

Big Sister: "Are we going to the mall?"
Little Mister: "Ooh! The cookie mall*! Can we go there?"
Big Sister: "Yeah! We're going to the mall.... right Mommy?"

Mommy: "You two have GOT to stop asking for things. That's all I've heard today! The answers going to be 'NO' if either of you ask again."

Little Mister: "Ok, Mommy. We won't ask you anymore. NOW can we go to the cookie mall?"

*Cookie Mall. Named for its reward of Mrs. Fields cookie tubs for well behaved little shoppers. Yes, I'm one of THOSE moms. I blame it on never getting treated to mall treats growing up. Come to think of it, my kids have tons of character plastic plates for the same reason... because I always wanted one. Hm... am I the only one who does that?

2 comments:

Tina said...

LOL!!!
definitely not!!!
My kids have lots of things I wanted growing up - just for the simple fact that I wanted them so badly!!!!

I am also one of THOSE MOMS - if the budget allows!!!!

Amanda, Joseph, and Scottie said...

Scottie has an electric BMW car, because daddy always wanted one of those cool electric cars as a kid. He also gets to enjoy Lunchables now and then because my mom (probably rightly so) thought it was ridiculous to spend that kind of money on crackers with sliced cheese and meat. It is a hard line to watch, and I am definitely one of those moms sometimes.