Monday, September 28, 2009

The Simple Woman's Daybook: September 28th





For Today... September 28, 2009


Outside my window... The sun is just starting to rise. When did the days start getting so short again? It promises to be a cheerful day full of sun and with little threat of rain. Perhaps the soccer fields will be dry enough for a game this evening.

I am thinking... about the unachievable to-do list I have for today. Time to prioritize!

From the kitchen... Leftover pizza for breakfast, salads for lunch, and tortellini this evening for dinner.

I am wearing... pink boxer shorts with girls in yoga poses printed across them and a dark pink short sleeve top. I really should have something warmer on this morning. It's FREEZING in our house!

From the Learning Rooms... Little Mister is working on penmanship, simple reading, number recognition, counting to 20 and simple addition this week. Last weeks celebration of Autumn and Johnny Appleseed distracted us a bit, but he did wow me with some beautiful B's!

I am creating... Halloween costumes. Or at least trying to. I finished the basics of Little Miss' mermaid tail but still have to add some sea worthy trim. Her seashell top is going to be an experiment- one that I'm not really looking forward to. As for Little Mister's Popeye costume, the fabric remains neatly stacked in the JoAnn's bag. I'm still shocked that I wasn't able to find a sailor suit pattern! I'm sailing uncharted waters with this on. Big Sister wants to be a jockey, but I haven't even started the research process for that one. Ugh... :-)

I am praying... for a fantastic week of school for Big Sister, one that keeps the pining away for friends from her old school at bay. And a prayer of thanks for the continued signs that we made the right decision in transferring schools. She is soaring through the curriculum, basking in the praise she's being offered, and even claims to be keeping her chattiness at bay.

I am reading... The Song of the Lark by Willa Cather. She is without a doubt my favorite classic American author. I haven't visited her since college, and oh, I've missed her writing!

Around the house... Tons of laundry to do. It's funny how that snuck up on me. Friday I was half a load from finished!

One of my favorite things... Folgers simple smooth coffee varieties. And chilly mornings that make the sipping experience that much more enjoyable.

A few plans for the rest of the week... A soccer game, coffee date, ti kwon do, gymnastics, pre-school, soccer practice, sorting through kids' clothes in storage, and working on those stinkin' costumes.

Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you...


Join the daybook group or see other daybooks here!

3 comments:

honeysuckle said...

Hi, Your girls are cute! Love the leftover pizza for breakfast. Sounds like you have a busy week planned so good luck with all your goals. Enjoy the autumn weather!

Daddy's Chick's said...

I agree, your doors look adorable!!! Have a blessed week.

A Gracious Home said...

Your girls are so pretty. Their clothes are too. It sounds like you have a busy week. I hope you have fun. Doylene