Monday, September 21, 2009

The Simple Woman's Daybook: September 21st




For Today... August 31, 2009


Outside my window... heaps of newly dug dirt create riverbanks leading away from our house. The remains of an old pipe are scattered beside the trail, begging for attention. How anxious I am to have our house's curb appeal up to it's potential!

I am thinking... of all the things that people acquire in a lifetime. My husband and I were driving into town and passed a kid riding an ATV though a field. It amazes me that people are able to purchase things of this expense- things like boats, campers, motorcycles fancy lawn equipment... I'm sure there will come a day when these purchases don't seem so extravagant... a day when we're not just-out-of-college parents anymore. For now, I'm enjoying our life of simplicity.

From the kitchen... A Slow Cooker Enchilada casserole this evening and lots of veggies for Big Sister.

I am wearing... Black cropped yoga pants, a white tank top and a green athletic jacket

From the Learning Rooms... We're celebrating the first day of autumn tomorrow and Johnny Appleseed's birthday on Thursday. We're continuing to work extra hard at learning numbers and counting to twenty, sight words, and writing letters. I haven't been doing as many faith based activities with Little Mister as I would like to thus far. I'm on the search for some Godly preschool learning ideas to supplement the lessons that I have floating around in my mind.

I am creating... A completed stairway. I finally finished painting the walls and spray painting the spindles and railing. Now I just need to sweet talk my muscles (hubby) into reinstalling everything, and instead of jumping off the side of the steps, the hooligans will be sliding down the banister. I can't wait to post before and after pictures!

I am praying... that God's will be done in our family in the next couple months and beyond. I'm asking for God's guidance as we discern his will for us be it a "yes", "no", or "not now". And I'm praying for patience as I do not do a great job accepting "not now" when that is His answer.

Around the house... Treading water again this week- although I'm relieved to say that my head is much higher above the surface than in months past.

One of my favorite things... Reassurance from other parents who've been there. A mother of 5 well behaved children sat behind us at mass yesterday, witnessing Little Miss at her squirmiest and Little Mister after waking at 4:00 AM. While not our worst mass experience to date, it was not one of our shining moments either. After our the last lines of the closing hymn were finished, I looked at her, exhausted. She laughed and said, "You guys are doing great. Believe me, it gets easier." I'm glad I have encouragement from my fellow parishioners because I'm not sure I could continue to bring my children if their not-so-great days were met with glares and clearing throats!

A few plans for the rest of the week... Lots of taxiing- to a soccer game, ti kwon do, gymnastics, 2 soccer practices, and play dates. All lots of fun, but I'm looking forward to Thursday when I have no driving requirements outside of school.

Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you...


Join the daybook group or see other daybooks here!

No comments: