Monday, September 14, 2009

The Simple Woman's Daybook: September 14th






For Today... August 31, 2009


Outside my window... a mild morning that hints at the season's change. A single tree has given into the cold night air and proves it with it's orange tipped leaves.

I am thinking... it sure feels great to have no diapers in the house- and to have both Little Mister and Little Miss staying dry at night. They're both growing up into little people, content to be somewhere other than in my arms or under my feet! If God doesn't bless us with more bundles of joy, I'll have my favorite exercise routine reestablished sooner than I thought would be possible! And boy, do I need it!

From the kitchen... Still operating without a kitchen sink, garbage disposal, or dishwasher, so meals that are light on the dishes are in order! Perhaps beef stew casserole tonight- made with fried onions and potatoes.

I am wearing... Pajama pants from our girls' trip to Chicago last december and a pro-life tee. A shower will come at nap time today!

From the Learning Rooms... Last week was the perfect start to preschool and will be hard to top! This week, my mother will teach a morning. She's the best when it comes to teaching preschoolers to read. I credit Big Sister's reading skills to her! Tomorrow is Tomie DePaula's birthday, so the lesson will include a couple of his books as well as plenty of time for illustrating and making pancakes after reading Pancakes for Breakfast. Thursday's lesson is still in the works...

I am creating... A Popeye costume for Halloween! It was no surprise that there were no kids' sized Popeyes to speak of, so now I'm setting off to design muscle arms and a sailor suit. I thought I'd better be on the ball this year because requests from Little Miss and Big Sister are yet to be submitted!

I am praying... For a friend who recently had to do the right thing and is now living the effect of it.

Around the house... General upkeep is the plan this week and, hopefully, some progress on plumbing and outside cleanup!

One of my favorite things... Crisp autumn air.

A few plans for the rest of the week... Coffee date with the girls, preschool lesson planning, Grandma's 91st birthday party this weekend!

Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you...

Becoming quite the daredevil!



Join the daybook group or see other daybooks here!

No comments: