Wednesday, September 2, 2009

September Already?!?


Oh, yes... it's that time of year again.

The temperatures around here have simmered down a bit, and the mornings leave the children begging for a jacket on the way to drop Big Sister at school.

There's something to be said about Autumn.

It's truly my favorite time of year, complete with the crisp air, breezy walks beneath the changing foliage, and the promise of lazy, bug-free hours reading and watching the kids play in the yard.

A few short months filled with caramel apples, pumpkin scented candles, and apple cider...

Months of excursions to the apple orchards, the pumpkin patches, and hayrides...

Oh, yes... Give me autumn any day!


3 comments:

Nel said...

Love the picture!! And I too love Autumn :) Thanks again for letting us chill at your house today - and make scare crows!

Molly said...

It is most definitely one of my favorite times of the year :) Thanks again for letting me be a "tag along" ..lol..my poor scarecrow hit the dust back there..lol..you guys are the BEST!

Chrissy said...

LOVE the scarecrows!!