Monday, September 14, 2009

"Nobody puts Baby in a corner."



The ultimate bad boy in Dirty Dancing, Patrick Swayze was no doubt a prominent figure in most girls' lives in the 80's. Johnny Castle was a frequent guest at our slumber parties, during break-up recoveries, and has kept me company through more than a few crochet projects. Dirty Dancing convinced many a girl to fall for the bad boy in the hopes of discovering the protective lover-boy within. His death today has left many (myself included) saddened, nostalgic, and appreciative of the years of talent that Swayze shared with us.

We girls of the 80's will always have Dirty Dancing.




2 comments:

Nel said...

Oh my gosh... I didn't know :( I am heart broke...

Marie said...

I was really sorry to hear on the news this morning that he had lost his battle. I was a big fan of his and always will be.