Monday, August 24, 2009

The Simple Woman's Daybook: August 31st





For Today... August 31, 2009


Outside my window... an overcast day, one that isn't dreary enough to warrant staying indoors but one that makes me want to curl up with a book in a silent house nonetheless.

I am thinking... about my possible trip to California to see my Baby Sister. At first, the idea of visiting without taking my kids (or at least Big Sister) to see their aunt was a little depressing. I wasn't sure how I'd feel about not taking Big Sister to see Hollywood and Hannah Montana's house. I finally decided that the possibility of finding a time to take her (and affording the ticket) was a slim possibility. Now, the research phase...

From the kitchen... Donuts and grapes for breakfast, Salad with turkey, cheese, and German dressing paired with oranges for lunch, and antelope and sides in the works for dinner. Yes, that's right. Antelope. Wish me luck because I have no idea what I'm doing!

I am wearing... Brown athletic pants, a black tank top, and a green athletic jacket. It was 57 degrees in the house this morning and has finally warmed to 65 here at 1:30. Time to wire the central air, I'd say!

From the Learning Rooms... I'm gearing up to begin Little Mister's homeschooling next week! It's only preschool, I realize, but I'm determined to progress in leaps and bounds with him this year! This week is all about organizing supplies for September's lessons.

I am creating... way too many things at once. I've decided I need to focus on one room at a time. This week it's the downstairs bathroom. My dad installed the new countertop and the painting in complete. Now I need to clean up the old medicine cabinet that my grandparents had in there originally, install it and the sconce lights, and scrub and polyurethane the cabinet fronts. It may be more than I can manage in one week!

I am praying... A prayer of thanks for a smooth weekend. With hubby at a conference, it was just the kids and I until yesterday. I survived the normal mothering and housekeeping, a play date for my 9-year-old (complete with a run-in with seed ticks to be dealt with), and dinner at Pizza Hut alone with the 4 kids. Thank you, Lord for the extra energy I had left to edit pictures post-bedtime!

Around the house... 3 loads of laundry through already today, 2 rounds of toy pick-up, 1 sink full of dishes, 1 swept kitchen floor. Still to do- 3 more loads, mopping the kitchen, and cleaning the bathrooms.

One of my favorite things... clear and clean countertops

A few plans for the rest of the week... A play date to make scarecrows, 2 more sessions to edit, lots of errands to run!


Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you...




Join the daybook group or see other daybooks here!

4 comments:

Nel said...

Love the cake! I take it he has a Mac?!?!

Tina said...

Love it - "nerd language"
Happy Birthday Amos :)
and I am so glad you are home and all is well - can't wait to have playdates at your house :)

AND I AM SUPER GLAD YOU ARE BACK TO BLOGGING - I HAVE BEEN BLOG HUNGRY LATELY, EVERYONE IS NOT BLOGGING :)

Mrs. Haid said...

Bianary code. OMG. I can tell you know and accept him!!

Marie said...

haha, LOVE the cake!! My husband's birthday is next week. I need to think of something suitable for him. He's a theologian, so probably something along that line I guess. Not so easy! Loved your day book!