Saturday, August 1, 2009

Seeds

My husband walked into the renovation after his military drill today. I hadn't had a chance to shower, had paint smeared across my jeans and white ribbed tank, and had been painting for eight hours. He was sitting in the floor catching up with Big Sister and said, "Isn't Mommy cute in her paint clothes?" She looked at me, then back at him with an eyebrow raised. She did NOT see the cute!

I hope that, someday, she remembers that conversation and waits for someone who thinks she's beautiful even when she's sweaty and covered in paint...

3 comments:

Marie said...

I loved this. Wonderful post. We should all be loved in such a perfect way.

Nel said...

Don't you just love moments like these!?!?! What a good feeling :)

StumblingServant said...

haha, I can totally see her face! :D Miss you!