Friday, July 10, 2009

A Sticky Situation

A friend of mine called me a couple days ago and invited me to make the 2 hour trip to the city. We took her daughter, my 3 year old son, and my 19 month old daughter (who went home with Daddy after he got off work downtown).

At Kohl's, we selected a double shopping stroller, and the kids climbed inside. It wasn't the triple disappearing act that my son performed that make me share this story, nor was it his successful attempt to sneak his hand out and knock an entire shelf of folded T-shirts to the floor.

Just as we were about to make our purchases, the dear girl mummbled something about gum, and I noticed a thick string of neon green in my son's white-blonde hair. He reached up and felt it at the same moment, and I watched a lower lip protrude, eyes widen, then,

"OOOOOOO!!!!! She put gum in my hair!!!"

Into the bathroom we went to attempt to dislodge the gluey mess McGiver style. I was somewhat successful. My hairdresser mom couldn't even tell where I had cut the gum out (she said it must've been the long spot she'd been meaning to trim), and I learned two lessons.


Be thankful for friends who are there to share even the stickiest situations, and
never leave home without a jar of peanut butter!"


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

this is BY FAR my least favorite post of yours..ha! ;)Let's "stick" to the happier moments, k?! grrr...for this sticky memory :(

Mrs. Haid said...

Did you seriously have PB with you??

Or, will you just bring it when you are out with kids who might be clever enough to share their gum?

StumblingServant said...

haha, I remember the days when you stuck gum here and there . . . or someone else? I don't know. I just remember those days and am amused you're now dealing with it from the other end! I can imagine his horror when he made the discovery.