Sunday, July 12, 2009

The Simple Woman's Daybook: July 13th



For Today... July 13, 2009


Outside my window... I'm guessing it's a fairly overcast morning.  The blinds are still down, but no light streams through the horizontal cracks.  Only slits of grey peek through.

I am thinking... Of the wonderful weekend I got to spend with my daughter in the midst of her summer visit with her dad.  We went shopping for school clothes, attended a wedding shower, celebrated her birthday at the Cheesecake Factory, and spent yesterday just hanging out together at home.  Overall, a wonderful breath of fresh air!

From the kitchen... Still quick dinners as we work e

ach evening on the new house.  Lots of salads, macaroni and cheese with tuna, spaghetti, and probably a pizza thrown in one night.  I cannot wait until the kitchen floor is laid so that my stove/oven can be installed.  

I am wearing... a yellow t-shirt from this past years' Vocation Day that I chaperoned with my parish's 6th graders, blue yoga pants with a white stripe down each leg, pink flip flops.  I have full intentions of changing into my painting jeans momentarily! 

I'm not quite finished reading... The Friday Night Knitting Club by Kate Jacobs. I did find time to pick it up again last night.  The bedtime routine at our house has been less than smooth with my dear son, so the time that is left after I finally scare him into staying in his bed is minimal.

I am creating... Plans and a To-Do list for all the sewing and decorating projects I will be completing upon moving.  Recovering my dining room chairs and sewing curtains for the rooms in my house that aren't able to reuse what we have.

I am praying... For a week full of progress.  Oh, I need to see some progress on this house!  God willing, our kitchen and bathroom floors will be installed tomorrow.  I ask to be reminded that He gives all gifts in His perfect timing.

Around the house... I'm treading water, it seems.  7 loads of laundry completed over the weekend, but I'm almost sure that 8 loads have replaced my progress... or maybe that's just my imagination! 

One of my favorite things... Fruit Salad. A freshly sliced, chilled summer fruit salad.  Mmmm... I might have to add that to my dinner list one night this week!

A few plans for the rest of the week... Puting the finishing touches on a session edit, and renovation, renovation, renovation... I'm sure that someday we'll find something new to consume our life with!

Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you...

My younger daughter's room progress.  The right wall is the lavender base coat.  The wall on the left will be the finished product.  


Join the daybook group or see other daybooks here!

No comments: