Monday, June 8, 2009

The Simple Woman's Daybook: June 8th

For Today... June 8, 2009


Outside my window... a dreary day, a few raindrops land with tinks on our metal roof.  The forest around my home blocks the view to even the field beyond our yard.  

I am thinking... It's good to be back, but so nice to have been unexpectedly left without internet connection for ten days.  The nights of our vacation would have been vastly different had we been "connected."  Instead, we were able to connect with each other over card games, board games, philosophical conversations, and a couple nights out.


From the kitchen... emptiness.  And a shopping list 30 items long.

I am wearing... jeans and a hunter green t-shirt. And bare feet.


I am reading... The Friday Night Knitting Club by Kate Jacobs. This was to be my read on the beach, but while I lounged long enough to read it cover to cover, I ended up watching my kids play during most of my lounge time and only read about a third.  It's a great read so far! 

I am creating... a color pallet.  It's time to order flooring and countertops for the remodel, and I'm finding it a bit overwhelming to make sure it all works together!
I am praying... That the next 9 days pass SLOWLY! After those days are gone, my sweet daughter will be at her dad's for 6 weeks straight.  Those are lonely weeks even now with 2 other kids to occupy my attention... 

Around the house... the normal tidying of kids toys and clean clothes to put away.  Then there's the van that needs a good scrub after our road trip.

One of my favorite things... hammocks.  I fully intend to have one someday.

A few plans for the rest of the week... Make the most of my time with my daughter, find homes for 2 kittens, photo session, hopefully start painting the remodel.

Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you... 


Join the daybook group or see other daybooks here!

1 comment:

Marie said...

I just love the sound of rain on a tin roof. You have made me very nostalgic with that thought! Love the picture. It's a very happy one. xxoo