Monday, June 29, 2009

The Simple Woman's Daybook: June 29th


For Today... June 29, 2009


Outside my window... Another sunny day.  The blessing of a cold front promises a much more pleasant day than the high nineties we've been seeing.   

I am thinking... I should be using my time before the kids wake up for something around the house, but blogging seems to be a great start to my week, so another few lines won't hurt!

From the kitchen... It's meals that travel this week.  We'll be out at the renovation every evening this week.  Maybe next week we'll have our kitchen flooring laid so that we can move the fridge and stove in.  For now, we're looking at casseroles, burgers off the grill, and veggies.  Nothing spectacular!

I am wearing... An old brown military T turned paint shirt, red cotton shorts, messy bun

I'm not quite finished reading... The Friday Night Knitting Club by Kate Jacobs. It's still keeping my attention, and I find myself looking forward to some time after the kids are in bed to read.  Looks like evenings like that might be scarce this week! 

I am creating... A home.  And I'm SO ready to be finished with that creation!  6 months on the project is quite enough, thank you!  What was it that Miss Marie said at A Year from Oak Cottage few posts back?  "The things we see in life, more often than not, depend very much on what has gone on in the background, the result of well thought out planning . . ."  As usual, beautifully said.  I keep hoping that this new home of ours will reflect off our careful planning.

I am praying... For an uncle who's battling pancreatic cancer.  May God bless him with more strength and energy than he's seen in recent weeks.

Around the house... Oh, that's right, I still have a house that we're living in.  The only evidence of that fact is the laundry that's growing ever so slowly behind.  

One of my favorite things... Toddlers in big kid underwear.  Partly because they're adorable, and partly because it means this mommy doesn't have to change diapers!

A few plans for the rest of the week... Finish painting the renovation, swim with the kids, catch up with hubby in the evenings.

Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you... 

 Sun, Swimming, and Ice Cream... Ah, sweet summer!


Join the daybook group or see other daybooks here!

No comments: