Monday, June 22, 2009

The Simple Woman's Daybook: June 22nd

For Today... June 22, 2009 (I just forgot to post it!)


Outside my window... the power washer is humming away. I just finished a shift cleaning my parent's pool area. The cover will come off this evening, and by Friday, we'll be swimming- finally! Last weeks mid-90's temperatures and this weeks heat advisory make it hard to wait!

I am thinking... that parenting is way harder than I ever would have guessed it to be. The heartache that comes from disciplining sometimes, the guilt when you can't provide what they legitimately want, the personal sacrifices that are made materialistically and emotionally... and I'm only 9 years into the process. I'm quite sure now that I'm in for lots of new and more trying hurdles before all is said and done.


From the kitchen... Leftover barbecue from our father's day celebration yesterday!

I am wearing... gray capris, a pink and orange striped tank, bare feet.


I am almost finished reading... The Friday Night Knitting Club by Kate Jacobs. Still loving it, and I can't wait to give a full report when I'm finished.

I've also started Pure by Terra Elan McVoy. I'm pre-reading this one in the hopes that I can pass it off to my daughter in a year or two as a pro-purity read. We'll see if it's as good as the cover summary seems!

I am creating... A clean up plan for the remodel. Dry Wall is officially complete, which means we're waiting on me before flooring is installed. THEN-- we move in and spend the next year finishing the essentials... and the next ten years finishing the rest! It's a little intimidating out there right now, but when we're all finished, it's going to look just lovely!

I am praying... For my daughter while she is away. This is my prayer at least 17 times a day. I hope that she is staying busy, safe, and happy. I pray that she is too busy and happy to get homesick, and that she doesn't feel forgotten because she doesn't understand that I'm only allowed 2 phone calls each week. I pray to run into her anytime that I'm out- at the grocery store, the gas station, Wal-Mart. I thank God that I get to pick her up on Saturday for a whole weekend with her- something that I'm not guaranteed to have.

Around the house... Maybe I should skip this one... lol. I've barely keeping up with laundry, and though the kitchen has been immaculate for weeks, the bathroom in begging for a toothbrush scrubbing!

One of my favorite things... carpet. I know most of you people seem to favor hard wood in your homes lately, but I honestly can't wait to be out of our house that has solid hardwood in every room. I'm looking forward to the coziness of playing on the floor with my kids and the feeling of carpet beneath my feet when I get out of bed in the morning.

A few plans for the rest of the week... cleaning and painting the new house, opening my parents' pool, a day trip play date, a weekend with my fantastic daughter, and my mother's birthday celebration.





Join the daybook group or see other daybooks here!

No comments: