Monday, June 15, 2009

The Simple Woman's Daybook: June 15th

For Today... June 15, 2009


Outside my window... the grass has been inching higher.  Mowing will be unavoidable in the next day or two.  It looks to be a sunny afternoon after a morning of mild storms. 

I am thinking... about my daughter today.  She is such a blessing to me in spite of the assumptions that people make about me.  I know that I chose to give her life, that I'm raising her in the best way I know, though it seems to be only increasingly difficult to combat the rest of the world in the process.


From the kitchen... A last meal before hubby heads off on business for two weeks.  Perhaps a home-style meal of meatloaf, corn, green beans, and fried okra.  

I am wearing... jeans and a blue T-shirt.  And my heart on my sleeve.


I am reading... The Friday Night Knitting Club by Kate Jacobs. A great read about a single mother/small business owner.  Funny how God can put relevant books into my lap even before I'm aware that it will make the week easier! 

I am creating... A list of fantastic family members as a reminder that we have SO many who do love and understand us!  Sometimes it's hard to remember that.

I am praying... A prayer of thanksgiving.  Yesterday while my husband and I were on our way to a particularly difficult family visit 4 hours from home, all I wanted to do was stop by his aunt and uncles' house and curl up on their sofa.  We had stopped by Wal-Mart in a nearby town to print a few pictures, and the dear woman was walking up the parking lot isle where we'd parked as we were walking out!  Her hugs were JUST what I needed, and if God hadn't placed our car where he did, hadn't given us a few hold-ups inside the store, we would have never gotten those empowering hugs.

Around the house... Some dishes to be done, and a van to be cleaned out in preparation for tomorrow's last hurrah before sending my daughter off to her dad's for the summer.

One of my favorite things... friends willing to delay even their anniversary plans in order to relate and support me.

A few plans for the rest of the week... A mother-daughter double date in the city, sending my hubby off, another photo session, trip to the library, catching up with my girl friend via a play date.

Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you... 


My parents in their dating years- and my grandmother.  People in my life who've had marriages stay together for the long haul. 


Join the daybook group or see other daybooks here!

1 comment:

Grandmother Wren said...

Good Morning!

I’ve added a Mr. Linky at Grandmother Wren’s to make it easier for the Summer Daybook ladies to find each other and share our daybooks while Peggy is on vacation.
Please stop by on Mondays and add your link –
I’d love to have you!