Thursday, June 25, 2009

Knocking on Wood: Potty Training Report

WELL-- today was, all in all, a fantastic first day on the job, and I told Little Miss that as I was tucking her in tonight!

I decided to go cold turkey with this one and dress her in big girl panties all day- including nap time. Mind you, today was NOT a relaxing, errand free day. Quite the opposite, we spent most of the late morning and early afternoon picking up paint at Lowe's, grabbing lunch at a sit down restaurant, and picking up a few items from Wal-Mart.

How did I do this, you wonder? I just brought the potty along with us! Yep, that's right. My sweet little darling sat on the potty before we entered each of our destinations- right in the comfort of our minivan. Perhaps not the most conventional method, but as I mentioned yesterday, there's no good time to start this process.

I was amazed to learn that my daughter's bladder control allows her to stay dry for about 4 hours at a time, and she even stayed dry through her 2 hour nap.

Our count for the day: only ONE accident!



Knock on Wood!

3 comments:

Tina said...

I am proud of little miss too :)

Chrissy said...

Yay! :o) I think I'll start Gabriel next week...is 7 months too young? LOL!

aileen said...

I recently came accross your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I dont know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog. I will keep visiting this blog very often.


Susan

http://toddlergirls.net