Thursday, June 18, 2009

Behind the Lens



My favorites from today's session.  I love this kid- and her brother!  This is the third session I've done with them.  Still new to this gig, my returning clients are mostly my friends and family.  I've gotten to know this mom a little better with each visit, and I thoroughly enjoy playing with her kids for an hour at a time.  


All moms come into their portrait sessions the same- worried that their kid(s) will be uncooperative, embarrassing, scared, or just plain defiant.  More often than not, the mom says something like, "My kids must be the worst you've ever had!"  That comment makes me laugh every time- except when the kid IS the worst I'd ever had!


I think that all SAHMs need to reserve a hobby or activity for themselves.  Whether it be yoga, scrap booking, writing, cooking or photography, it is so important to keep a little of what we were before we were moms.


3 comments:

Marie said...

Great photos. I think you are so right. It's very easy to lose who we really are in the manic busyness of being a mom. It's important to keep something that is just for us.

Jesslikesstuff said...

Hi there, I found you on blogamama. Your photos are lovely. I have a 7-month-old and have been kind of obsessed with improving my photo skills lately. I tried doing some editing of brightness/contrast for the first time ever (I was so proud) with the Father's Day photos I took. I posted my efforts on my blog, actually, hoping to get some feedback. I'll definitely be following your blog to see if you let any photography tips slip :).

Jesslikesstuff said...

Hey, just wanted to make sure you saw my comment:). I thanked you for your advice in a comment the blog you sent me with tips for great photos! Much appreciated!