Monday, May 11, 2009

Starbuck's Surprise

Normally I'm expecting packages before they arrive on my doorstep, so when the postman drives down my driveway unexpectedly, my first reaction is to brace myself for whatever letter I might be signing for.  That's the life with a custody arrangement!  Today when the postman drove up and honked his horn (side note- since when do they honk and summon you out to their car door? Bizarre!), I was met with a big yellow DHL box.  My first thought: "Oh crap, what crazy online offer did I get myself into?"  Inside my house, I'm trying to examine the package to see if I need to "return to sender" it, and I find the return address label- Dusseldorf, Germany!

A couple weeks ago, my dear friend had asked for my address, I assumed to maybe send a card for my upcoming birthday or Mother's Day.  I should have known better than to expect the expected in this case.  That's one of the things I love about this friend!  

When I opened the package, there's no note, only a huge lump of brochures of some kind- in German of course... All I know is that there's a giraffe on the front and it doesn't appear to be from a zoo.  Hilarious replacement for bubble wrap and half the fun of the package!  THEN... I get to the center of the wrapping... 

YAY!  I'm so excited to not only have a Starbuck's city mug from Germany to add to my collection, but from the city where my friend now lives!  And it couldn't have come at a better time- a time where I needed a little simple pleasure!  

Thanks again, science fair partner!  I can't wait to catch up in a few weeks!


1 comment:

StumblingServant said...

this is so sweet! What a great surprise! :)